- Detector: GM tube
- Dose Rate display: 0.01 μSv/h - 0.2 Sv/h (1 μR/h - 20 R/h), Hp(10)
- Dose Rate Accuracy: ±(15+0.0015/H +0.01H)% (in range 0.1 µSv/h - 0.1 Sv/h, where H - dose rate in mSv/h)
- Dose measurement: 0.01 μSv - 9.99 Sv (1 μR - 999 R)
- Dose Accuracy: ± 15% (in range 1 μSv - 9.99 Sv (100 μR - 999 R))
- Energy range: 10.0 KeV - 20.0 MeV
- Energy response relative to 0.662 MeV (137Cs) : ±30%
- Survive after momentary influence of maximum permissible gamma radiation within 5 min: 1 Sv/h (100 R/h)
- Standards compliance: Meets most relevalnt parts of IEC 61526, and ANSI N42.20
- Alarm type: visual, audio, vibration
- Physical Parameters:
+ Dimensions 87 x 72 x 39 mm
+ Weight 185 g
- Environmental Characteristics:
+ Temperature : -40 up to +60 °С (from -40 up to +140 °F)
+ Humidity : up to 98% at 40°C (104°F)
- Environmental protection: IP67
- Drop test: 0.7 m (2.4 ft)
- Water resistant : 1 m ( up to 3.3 ft)
+ Batteries: One AA battery
+ Battery lifetime: 12 months
+ Battery discharge control: LCD indication
+ Countdown timer:X
+ Display of time to critical exposure: yes
+ Functions :X
+ Calendar mode :X
- PC Communication : IRDA
Unique electronic personal radiation dosimeters for measurement of the exposure levels from X-ray and gamma radiation sources and recording even the minor fluctuations of the natural radiation background.
Polimaster PM1621M Personal X-ray and Gamma Radiation Dosimeters are professional energy-compensated instruments. These dosimeters monitor and measure the personal dose equivalent Hp(10) and personal dose equivalent rate Hp(10) from both gamma and X-ray radiation. Their ability to compensate for the energy variations in the range from 10 keV upto 20MeV allows these personal dosimeters to make extremely accurate measurements.
The dosimeters unique characteristics allow users to monitor personal irradiation levels from photon radiation sources, preventing overexposure. The instruments are highly sensitive and can register even the slightest changes in the natural background radiation.
Recommended for the protection of the professionals who work with or around radioactive materials from accidental and unknown radiation exposure, the PM1621M instruments perform the following functions:
Monitoring and measuring the gamma and X-ray dose and dose rate across a wide energy range up to 1 Sv/h (100 R/h);
Alerting the user via an audible alarm when the preset dose and/or dose rate thresholds are exceeded;
Recording and storing data for up to 1000 events in their non-volatile memory;
n addition to the functions of the PM1621/PM1621A precursor models, the PM1621M/PM1621MA models offer an additional build-in vibration alarm and utilize Polimaster proprietary advanced search algorithm for detection and location of radioactive materials. The instruments are unique hybrids of an electronic dosimeter (ED) and a GM-based personal radiation detector (PRD). The PM1621M/MA are ideal low cost solutions for the law enforcement agencies and first responders as the instruments allow users to focus on the urgent and immediate tasks while the detectors continuously monitor the radiation levels.
Transmitting all recorded data via an infrared channel to a PC for further processing and analysis.